Monday, April 11, 2011

Movie Review: "The Book of Ruth: Journey of Faith"


This movie is based on the book of Ruth which is found in the Old Testament, in the Bible. The story is about how Ruth, a woman from the land of Moab, goes to the home land of her mother-in-law, Naomi, after tragedy strikes in their family. There in Israel, the land Naomi is from, she soon meets Boaz, a rich man from whose fields she gleans wheat. Perhaps she will marry again.

My Review: I think this movie was nice, and can be an enjoyable movie for young and older ladies to watch. There is no language in it that I remember, but there is mentioning of "gods." This is because the movie starts out in the land of Moab where the people there worshipped false "gods."


There was a problem with the sound in the movie. A sentence was lower in sound and therefore harder to hear. I can only remember this being in one part in the movie, but it may have happened more than once. I do not think it is a big problem, though.


If you like movies set in Bible times, romance, and decent, than I think you may like this film.

2 comments:

  1. Some interesting reviews. For me historical fiction tops the list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reviewing this. I also like good Biblical movies.

    ReplyDelete